Saturday, March 19, 2011

Omnipotent narc

At times we all overestimate our capabilities, but a narcissist imagines he can have the whole world if he wanted to, and this feeling slowly presents more rewards living in an imaginary world.  If he can focus and present his enthusiasm in a particular direction a narc can mobilize support very easily and quickly, think Hitler.  But, it is typically easier to live in an imaginary world than focus on one direction and take on mundane tasks that are not really worth the narc's time, so an average narc slowly starts losing focus and gets buried more and more in an imaginary world, isolated from people.

That is where I am currently, in an isolated world.  I always lived in a fantasy-like world but I was gainfully employed and was really enjoying the part of my job where I was contributing significantly to a group of people.  Then I got laid off.  There was a lot of injustice in that decision and I could not bring myself to apply for another position and go through a series of rejections while knowing I'd get one job if I wanted to, anyway.  Who knows if that's true or not, hard to know when not trying.  But, I lost nothing from my sense of omnipotence.  For one thing I have saved well, and I have no debt.  I see no reason for bothering myself to work for someone else at this point.

The question is shall I really let go of what made me somewhat happy for many years and is considered a very respectable career?  I go back and forth on that question.

A part of me (being the omnipotent I am) wants to move onto financially greener and more fun pastures.

A part of me wants to become only spiritually focused and live the moment with no concern for the future.

A part of me wants a whole new group of people to interact with.  Move away...

No comments:

Post a Comment